Nick opened the conference with an overview of the international field of Parental Alienation, a “life-jacket” for “riding the wild waters of family separation”. Reviewing the conference PowerPoint below is a bit of a fiddly experience. So Nick has made that into a more accessible article: Off-putting relationships: the essentials of child alienation. The main section headings are: A Definition, Case Examples, and Key Bullet Points (‘the life jacket’). These sections can be viewed in the PP format separately with full notes included. Click below to open them up.
- Intro and Definition of PA: NickChildPAPresentationLondonPPSlides5-13
- Case Example 1 – Child’s Experience and Longterm Harm: NickChildPAPresentationLondonPPCase1 – and Video snippet
- Case Example 2 – Working in USA with a PA Family: NickChildPAPresentationLondonPPCase2 and the Case story.
- The Life Jacket Bullet Points: NickChildPAPresentationLondonPPSlides19-25
- Why Study PA, Six Kinds of Work, Further Resources: NickChildPAPresentationLondonPPSlides27-31
It may take an annoying delay while these download. Sorry! But it’s worth the wait. Move your cursor to find the useful control button panel to zoom in or out (- or +) and turn the pages (for the long “NickChild…” links). Each squiggle on the slides ‘~’ refers to the next note below. When you’ve finished, click your browser’s back button (or close the window, for short links) to return to this page to continue reading). If you prefer a pdf of the whole PP thing with full notes (it takes a long minute to download; and use links above for video and case story). NickChildPAPresentationLondonPP Nick Child, Family Therapist, Edinburgh. Retiring from a career as a CAMHS psychiatrist in the peripheries of excellence, Nick has worked for 11 years in a small part- time FT team in Edinburgh. He has been an active if maverick voice in AFT for decades, most recently in leading Aspens, the network for family therapy in the non-statutory sector. 3 years ago, a client cured his allergy to parental alienation. Nick has campaigned since as reparation for such ignorance. He does not have a lot of practical experience. His websites feature this and other work. See forallthat.com and equalism.org.uk